So, how to change your iCloud email id? If this is what you have been searching for, you are at the right spot. At times, changing your iCloud email account from your iPad or iPhone can be little confusing. To help you, we will explain you clearly with pictures as to how it is done. Read on.
How To Change Your iCloud Email?
Apple imposes certain limitations while changing your iCloud mail id. But if you have 2 iCloud email accounts associated with different Apple IDs, you can easily change the older email id to the new one. Before we tell you how to change your iCloud email, it is important to understand about them first.
Apple ID and Your iCloud Email
When you create an Apple ID for the first time, it asks you to enter a valid email address for it. Once this is done, it will be assigned as your primary mail account and it can’t be changed. However, you can add secondary mail addresses to this created Apple ID. Just login to My Apple ID management page in order to add email ids to your account. You can add up to 3 email addresses for an Apple ID.
How To Change Your iCloud Email Account From An iPhone?
To change your Apple ID or iCloud account from an iPhone, you need to delete the existing iCloud account first. Make a note that, when you click the option “Delete Account”, the content stays in the cloud. It is never deleted. Only your iCloud settings associated with the account is deleted.
To delete your existing iCloud account, follow the instructions given below:
1. Go to Settings
2. Choose the option “iCloud”
3. Tap the option “Delete Account”
4. Now, enter your old iCloud email address or Apple ID and the associated password
5. Set up your new iCloud mail address
How To Change Your Apple ID?
As said above, your Apple ID is the primary mail address. However, you can change your Apple ID to any other mail address, as long as it is not in use as an Apple ID. Now, if your email address ends with @me.com, @mac.com or @icloud.com, then know that it is already an Apple ID. To reset or modify your Apple ID, follow the steps given below:
- Sign out from iCloud, FaceTime, iTunes Store or any other application that uses your Apple ID you wish to change
- Now, go to this link: My Apple ID
- Choose the option “Manage your Apple ID”
- Now, sign in (Click Forgot your password if you aren’t able to remember it)
- Choose the option “Edit”, which is next to Primary Email Address and Apple ID
- Next, enter your new email address, which you want to use for your current Apple ID
- Once you have entered the new email address, press “Save Changes”
- Now, Apple sends you a verification to the new email id you have entered
- Verify the mail
- When “My Apple ID” web page opens, again sign in with your newly created email address, Apple ID and password
Hope we have answered your question right. If you have any questions, post them in the comments box.