Communication has become easier with mobile phones these days. Years ago, phones were only used for calls. Then, there was the addition of text messages followed by music playlists until it evolved to what we have today – smart phones, which equips many features and downloadable applications. With such fast paced revolution, it’s no wonder that we can’t keep track of recent innovations at times. We are still not aware of some functions, or even if we are, we tend to forget them easily considering that there are a lot of things to remember in a mobile phone. Such in the case of blocking and unblocking a particular person through his/her phone number. We will not be focusing on the blocking part here. Instead, we will explain you how to unblock a phone number in both android and apple platform.
How To Unblock A Phone Number?
It is not uncommon if someone blocks you, or you block someone. If you have a friend, who has become your enemy, the tendency is to block that person so that you can cut ties with him/her. If you are in a relationship with your boyfriend/girlfriend, everything is all chummy and sweet. But what if you two broke up? It’s relatively okay not to block if you are still friends. However, some people are blocking their exes not because they are bitter (though that’s the reason of some), but rather because they want to move on without any distractions from their past relationships. Whatever is the situation and reason is, blocking is as easy as counting one, two, three, especially if you are driven by your emotions. And when the time comes that you realize you want to re-connect with the person again, you find yourself at a lost on how to unblock a phone number.
If you want to unblock phone number, you need to know what your mobile phone is, since every cellular phone has different ways of unblocking a blocked number. In this case, we will provide you with the most common devices being used by people and how to unblock phone number on such phones.
How To Unblock A Contact On Android?
- Open the phone icon (pictures an old phone on a green background) on your home screen.
- Go to the contact you want to unblock, and press on their name to generate their details.
- This 3rd step differs from one phone to another; open the Settings menu for that specific contact.
- The Settings menu will give you an option to “Remove from auto reject list”.
- If the number you want to unblock is not found in your contact list, check out your call log and locate the number you want to unblock. Once you are able to locate the number, press it on and go over to step 3.
How To Unblock A Phone Number On Samsung Galaxy S5?
- Open the Apps on the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Click on Settings > Application.
- Press on Call, and then Call Rejection.
- Tap Auto Reject List.
- If you don’t want the number to be deleted from the Auto Reject List but still want to receive calls from this number, simply uncheck the check box beside the number.
- If you want to remove the number from the Auto Reject List so that you can receive calls from the number, simply tap the Trash can icon.
- Mark the checkbox that is next to the number you want to unblock.
- Click on Done.
How To Unblock Phone Number On Samsung Galaxy S2?
- Go to Contacts and locate the contact you want to unblock.
- Look for and tap the Menu key at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Remove from reject list” to unblock and receive calls and messages from the number again.
How To Unblock Phone Number On Samsung Wave 723?
- Proceed to Setting and look for Applications.
- Go to Messages.
- Go to General Settings and Block Messages.
- The screen will display the blocked numbers, select the phone number you want to unblock and press the 3 small dots icon to unblock the contact.
How To A Unblock Phone Number On HTC Sensation Xl?
- Click on the People App and look for the contact you want to unblock.
- Press the Block Caller dropdown and toggle it to off.
How To Unblock A Phone Number On Sony Xperia Z?
- Open Contacts App and locate the contact you want to unblock.
- You will find an edit button on the top right of the screen, click on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and look for ‘Send calls directly to voicemail’, uncheck the check box.
- Click Done to ensure that the changes has been saved.
How To Unblock A Phone Number On iPhone 6?
- Tap the Phone icon from your Home screen.
- Click on the Recents
- Scroll the contact or number you want to unblock, and tap the Info icon.
- Scroll over and click on the “Unblock this Caller” button.
How To Unblock A Phone Number On iPhone And iPad With ios7?
- Open the Settings App from your Home screen.
- Click on Messages, Phone, or FaceTime. You can choose any button from these three, as it will still have the same effect.
- Scroll down and click on Blocked.
- On the upper right hand corner, click on Edit.
- If the user is blocked, there will be a red delete button on the right of every blocked contacts. Click on the phone number of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap the Unblock button that appears to confirm that you want the person unblocked.
How To Unblock A Phone Number On AT&T Phone?
- Dial *60 from a touch-tone phone so that you can enter the selective-call-rejection system.
- Press * to unblock the number.
- Dial the number you want to unblock.
- To confirm that you really want to unblock the number, press #.
**You may also access the system using a rotary phone by dialing 1160, and follow the voice prompts that will lead you to unblock the number.
**If you want to unblock all the numbers, there is an easy. Just dial *80 or 1180 and it will turn off all call-blocking features.
There are also regulations made that telephone companies should offer call blocking and unblocking services. This also entitles the caller to choose if he/she wants to hide his/her number which means that the caller can block his/her number from showing to the recipient’s caller ID. This may prove to be helpful at times because the receiver of your call would not know who the call is coming from. However, there are really important times that you need to show who you are so that the recipient will answer you call. In doing so, you need to unblock your own phone number so that it will appear on the recipient’s caller ID.
How To Have A Per-Call Unblocking?
Simply dial *82 on your phone. This is the universal code that you can use to help unblock your number if you have a per-call blocking service. Dial the number you want to call. With the universal code in place, the recipient of your call will be able to see your number through his/her caller ID and the phone call will push through as normal. It is imperative to remember, however, that the code should be repeated on each number you wished to unblock since this is just a temporary way to reveal your number to the person you are calling to.
How To Have A Per-Line Unblocking?
In per-line unblocking, only your service provider can do this. The telecommunication provider is the only one who can permanently unblock the lines that you have requested to block your number from. Hence, you need to contact them directly.
Call your service provider and tell their customer service representative that you wished to permanently unblock your phone number on the line/s of the people you are calling to. It is also important to ask whether there are additional charges when you wished to unblock your phone number since the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does not control intrastate blocking and unblocking of calls. You might be surprised if there are additional costs when you remove the blocking service, and the charge varies from one service provider to another.
Note: Your phone number will be automatically unblock if you are calling 800, 888, 877 and 866. It will also be unblocked when you call other emergency numbers and 911. Toll-free numbers can also see your phone number via the Automatic Number Identification technology. Fret not, though, because they are banned from reusing or reselling your information without your consent as per regulation of the FCC.
How To Tell If You Are Blocked?
If you have wronged or annoyed someone, you might find yourself being blocked from that person’s contact list and you will find yourself unable to contact him/her. Though there are a lot of reasons that can get you block from a person’s list, there are only few steps that you can do to know that you are indeed blocked. It is important to know if you are being blocked or just being ignored because there is a great difference between the two and you do not want to be paranoid, right?
Here are some ways to know that your number is being blocked by the person you are contacting to:
- Call his/her phone number: If the phone rings three to four times, then you can breathe deeply as you are not blocked at all. The person you are calling to might just be too busy not to answer your call or perhaps just simply ignoring you but you are never blocked.
- If the one you are calling has an iPhone, it has a unique blocking feature and you will know that you are blocked if your call goes to voicemail after one ring or a half.
- You will know that you are blocked from a cellular service such as Verizon and AT&T when you hear the usual message, “The subscriber you are trying to reach is not available at this time.” But if the line suddenly disconnects without any form of message, the one you are calling did not block you. Rather, it is just a problem on the service line.
- After you call from your phone and you didn’t get through, call using another phone as soon as possible. If after several rings and you get a message, you are blocked. However, if you get the same rings and the message after using someone’s other phone number to call, then you are not blocked.
- Send a text message. If your phone number is blocked, the text message you sent will not be received. However, if someone replies to your message, then definitely you are not block.
Knowing if you are blocked or not is important because it also depicts the relationship you have with that person. If you are the one who keeps on blocking a person/s, you should also know that there are a number of consequences on your actions such as ruining your chance to re-build the relationship you have with him/her.
But no matter what you do, it still basically depends on the reaction of the blocked person as well. You may change your mood and pacify your feelings about unblocking him/her, yet at the end, the blocked person has the last thing to say on whether to resume his/her communication with you. Remember that you are the one who blocked first, which means that you are the one who barred any form of communication that might save the relationship whether it’s romantic, friendship, business or whatever form it is.
Unblocking a phone number is just one of the many ways in ensuring that proper communication will be made. If you are lucky, unblocking a phone number will lead to re-building what you have with the blocked person.